It can be difficult to remain calm when your beloved pet is in distress. Fortunately, Fowlerville Veterinary Clinic is now offering pet owners the opportunity to provide their furry friends with the urgent care they need, when they need it. We are excited to provide this up-and-coming service to our clients and the Fowlerville community.
On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays between 5pm – 7pm, we take care of any issues that fall between the typical veterinary visit and an emergency hospital.
When your pet is experiencing an urgent situation, we understand that time may be of the essence. Please call us at 517-223-8812 to schedule for next step recommendations from our knowledgeable staff.
Urgent Care Vs. Emergency Care
Emergency hospitals triage pets based on their symptoms or condition severity. Any patient needing treatment but not in a life-threatening condition may be asked to wait.
An urgent care situation involves issues that need medical attention but are not life-threatening. These patients might be uncomfortable, but they are stable and can be seen at regular appointments.
Veterinarians at emergency hospitals use the patient severity index to interpret your pet’s condition. This index includes the following levels:
- Level One: Resuscitation – the patient is seen before all others, exhibiting a severe physical trauma or cardiac arrest.
- Level Two: Emergent – these traumas are not life-threatening but are time-sensitive, including a venomous snake bite and heat stroke.
- Level Three: Urgent – these patients are seen after levels one and two are taken care of. Examples of urgent care include sudden illness, severe cuts, vomiting, trouble walking, allergic reactions or difficulty urinating.
- Level Four: Non-urgent – minor cuts, prolonged low appetite, limping, fever, and mild injuries are non-urgent conditions can be treated after the first three levels.
- Level Five: Stable – the patient is uncomfortable but stable, experiencing diarrhea, low appetite, ear infection, or skin irritation.
Typically, pets in the first two levels should be taken to the emergency room. Levels three through five can receive urgent care services.
Contact Fowlerville Veterinary Clinic
At Fowlerville Veterinary Clinic, we provide urgent care by appointment. Please call us at 517-223-8812 if your pet is experiencing urgent symptoms. When you arrive at our hospital, we will assess your pet’s symptoms and communicate next steps, so you always know what to expect.
We are dedicated to providing your pet with Gold Standard medical care. Our urgent care appointments are open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 5pm-7pm. For more information, please contact us by calling 517-223-8812.